Terms and Conditions
UpClosed.com is a website that publishes news, views, and information about notable people. The platform is open, that is, it also lets people create their own content (such as biography.) In addition, UpClosed provides an API to share people data.
Acceptance of terms
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, UpClosed and its owners, officers, agents and employees from and against any and all damages, costs, liabilities, actions, claims and expenses (including attorney fees) arising from your use of the platform.
All use of the content is provided "as is" and at your own risk. UpClosed does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability to any person or legal person for any loss or damage caused by omissions or errors at this website, whether such omissions or errors result from negligence, accident, or any other cause.
The user of the information provided on the site agrees that the information is subject to change without notice. UpClosed assumes no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information, nor for any infringement of third party intellectual property rights which may result from its use. In no event shall UpClosed be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or incidental damage resulting from, arising out of, or in connection with the use the information.
While creating and/or updating your profile or biography, you agree, in the sole discretion of UpClosed, that:
- You will not create a profile or biography for anyone other than yourself without their permission.
- You will not use UpClosed website or services to malign or defame anyone.
- UpClosed may disable, suspend, terminate, modify, or delete Your account with or without notice to You, at any time for any reason or for no reason, including but not limited to for violation of the Terms of Service.
- If we disable, suspend, terminate, modify, or delete your account, You will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not share your password or API key, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- We reserve the right to remove any content or information you post on UpClosed if we believe that it violates these Terms of Service or our policies.
By submitting text, image, video, or any other type of content to UpClosed, you represent that you have all rights to grant UpClosed a royalty-free, assignable, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use the content in any way that we deem fit. By submitting content to UpClosed via our website, email, social networks, or any other method; you give us the before mentioned multiple rights to use it.