ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. The attack took 22 lives and left 59 injured. CBS has reported that the officials have identified the suspect -- 22-year-old Salman Abedi.
- Abedi was born in Manchester, U.K. in 1994, to Libyan refugees parents who emigrated to the U.K. to escape the Gaddafi regime. The family initially lived in London, and around ten years ago, settled in the Fallowfield area of south Manchester.
- Abedi has a sister and two brothers; Abedi is the second youngest. He spent his childhood in the Whalley Range.
- The officials suspect the attack was carried out by a lone wolf, but they are continuing to investigate the possibility of a larger network behind the attack, and whether Abedi had any help in planning the attack.
- The suspected bomber, Abedi, took the Tube to Victoria Station, went to the ticket area of the arena and detonated the explosive device as people were leaving.
- Investigators are analyzing the bomber's movements through CCTV.
We will update the story as and when we have more information about the suspect.