Wolfgang Pickert (3 February 1897 – 19 July 1984) was a general in the Luftwaffe of Nazi Germany during World War II who commanded the III Flak Corps. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves.
In January 1943, Pickert, as commander of the 9th Flak Division, flew out of the Stalingrad encirclement avoiding capture.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (2 November 1916) & 1st Class (13 April 1918)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (1939) & 1st Class (1940)
- Anti-Aircraft Flak Battle Badge (19 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 7 December 1942 as Generalmajor in the 9. Flak-Division
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 11 January 1943 as Generalmajor and commander of 9. Flak-Division (mot.)
- 489th Oak Leaves on 5 June 1944 as Generalmajor and commander of III. Flak-Korps
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (20 April 1944 and 8 May 1944)
- ^ Thomas 1998, p. 156.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 351.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 276.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 71.