Walter Fries (22 April 1894 – 6 August 1982) was a German general in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords.
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd and 1st Class
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (24 September 1939) & 1st Class (9 October 1939)
- Eastern Front Medal (18 July 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 9 October 1942 as Oberst in Infanterie-Regiment 87 (mot.)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Knight's Cross on 14 December 1941 as Oberst and commander of the Infanterie-Regiment 87 (mot.)
- Oak Leaves on 29 January 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 29. Panzergrenadier-Division
- Swords on 11 August 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 29. Panzergrenadier-Division
Add a word
What's the good word on Walter Fries?
To suggest a correction, or to flag this profile for review, click:
All good. Ready to be uploaded