Terry Sanders (born December 20, 1931) is an American filmmaker having produced and/or directed more than 70 dramatic features, televisions specials, documentaries and portrait films. He co-heads the American Film Foundation and has produced and photographed the Oscar-winning dramatic short "A Time Out of War". He also received an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature for Maya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision. He also produced and co-directed Crime & Punishment, USA with his brother Denis Sanders. The debuting actors in "War Hunt" are Robert Redford, Sydney Pollack, and Tom Skerritt, which he also produced with Denis Sanders.
Currently in development is a dramatic feature film, Tokyo Rose/American Patriot, a World War II true-life story of Iva Ikuko Toguri who was wrongly convicted of treason.
The moving image collection of Terry Sanders is housed at the Academy Film Archive.
- The Eyes of Don Bachardy
- Return with Honor, presented by Tom Hanks
- Never Give Up: The 20th Century Odyssey of Herbert Zipper
- Maya Lin: A Strong Clear Vision
- Into the Future: On the Preservation of Knowledge in the Electronic Age, narrated by Robert MacNeil (includes an interview with Tim Berners-Lee and Peter Norton of Norton Utilities)
- Rose Kennedy: A Life to Remember, narrated by Edward Kennedy
- Lillian Gish: The Actor's Life for Me
- Screenwriters: Words Into Image
- War Hunt
- Crime & Punishment, USA
- A Time Out of War
- Copland Portrait, American Composer with Aaron Copland
- The Japan Project: Made in Japan
- Portrait of Zubin Mehta
- Fighting for Life
- Four Stones for Kanemitsu
- To Live or Let Die