|Date of birth||Switzerland|
|Date of death||Jan 13, 1833|
Rosa Dorothea Ritter (1759–1833), was the royal mistress of William I, Elector of Hesse from 1779 until 1788.
She was the daughter of Johann Georg Ritter and Maria Magdalena Witz. She replaced Charlotte Christine Buissine. In 1788, she was accused by William of having another sexual partner and replaced by Karoline von Schlotheim.
With William I, Elector of Hesse, she had the children:
- Wilhelm Karl of Hanau (1779–1856)
- George Wilhelm of Hanau (1781–1813)
- Philipp Ludway of Hanau (1782–1843)
- Wilhelmine of Hanau (1783–1866)
- Moritz of Hanau (1784–1812)
- Marie Sophie of Hanau (1785–1865)
- Julius Jacob von Haynau (1786–1853)
- Otto of Hanau (1788–1791)
- ^ Georg Wittenberger: Stadtlexikon Babenhausen. Babenhausen 1995.