Renad Ibragimovich Zhdanov (Russian: Ренад Ибрагимович Жданов, Tatar: Renad Ibrahim-uly Jdanov; born 11 October 1944 is a Russian bioorganic chemist, Dr. Sci., professor (in Biophysics), honorary member of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, Kazan (2008), chief researcher at Kazan Federal University and at Russian Institute for Advanced Study at Moscow State University of Education, member of American Chemical Society (2009). Renad Zhdanov is known for findings in nitroxide radicals chemistry and spin labeling in biomedicine, non-viral gene transfer systems as potential pharmaceuticals, and specificity of DNA-lipid/membrane interactions. ,         
Biography and career
Renad I. Zhdanov was born and brought up in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Soviet Union. His mother Banu was kindergarten teacher, grand nephew of tatar Muslim philosopher ahun of City of Kazan Shihabetdin Mardjani (1818-1989) (Märcani Mosque). His father Ibragim served as chief justice in City of Kazan . Renad Zhdanov earned his MSc in chemistry from Kazan University (with Boris Arbuzov), Russian Federation in 1967, and his PhD degree in physical chemistry from the Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics in 1971 with Edward Rozantsev. After serving for three years as a junior scientist at Nucleic acid chemistry Laboratory, he held a position as senior research fellow at the National Institute for Biological Testing of Chemicals (NIBTC) with a laboratory at the Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics, Moscow (1974-1995). In 1986, Renad Zhdanov defended Doctor of Sciences Dissertation “Bioactivity of stable nitroxyl radicals” at scientific council of Lomonosov Moscow State Academy of Fine Chemical Technology, MITHT, and became a deputy chief of Department of Physicochemical Methods at NIBTC, and editor-in-chief of the edition “Spin Labels and Probes in Biology and Medicine” at Nauka Publishing House of USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow. In 1989, he was awarded by A.von Humboldt Foundation Stipendium, and started his work at Max-Planck Institut fuer medizinische Forschung, Heidelberg with Professor Wilhelm Hasselbach. In 1990, he was granted a one-year position at Biochemical Laboratory, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. In 1993, he worked for 1 year as a guest Professor at Department of Material Sciences, University of Ancona, and at Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Camerino, Italy. In 1994, he was awarded with TUBITAK prize and worked at Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, METU, Ankara for 1 year. In 1995, he was invited to lead Gene Therapeutics Laboratory at Orekhovich Institute of Biomedical Chemistry, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow (1995-2003). He organized and led Lipidomics and Functional Genomics Laboratory at Institute of General Pathology and Pathphysiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow (2002-2008). He surved as a chairman of the Section 1 “Gene Diagnostics and Gene Therapy” of the Program “National Priorities in Medicine and Health Care at Russian Ministry of Healthcare (1996-1999)  (Russian). In 2007-2009, he got a full professorship at Department of Genetics and Bioengineering, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey with teaching Human Genetics and Gene Therapy courses. After that, he served as a Counselor to the rector of Kazan Federal University with responsibility of creation of Institute of Fundamental Medicine (2010-2011). In 2011-2014, he served as full professor at Chair of Clinical Pharmacology and Chair of Biochemistry, Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Kazan Federal University. Renad Zhdanov was a chairperson of Interdisciplinary Seminars on Biomedical problems at Kazan Federal University (2010-2012), chief scientist for Russian Ministry of Science & Education projects at Kazan Federal University (2012-2017). Since 2013, he took a part in a creation and served as scientific Director of the first Russian Institute for Advanced Study at Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities (2012-2015) and at Moscow Pedagogical State University (since 2015)  .
Awards and Honours
1972 – the 1st Prize of the USSR Mendeleev Chemical Society
1989 – the A.von Humboldt-Stiftung Stipendium, Bonn, Germany to work at German scientific Institutions, life time
1993 – the TUBITAK prize for professorship at the Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
1997 – Russian State Medal to honor the 850th Anniversary of City of Moscow
1999 – the President of Russia Stipendium to outstanding scientists 1999-2003
2004 – Honor Diploma of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, Kazan for achievements in bioorganic chemistry
2008 – Diploma of Honor Member of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, Kazan, Branch of Biological and Medical Sciences
2012 – A.D. Speransky Medal with Diploma, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow (Link in Russian)
2014 – Honor Diploma of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, Kazan, for achievements in biochemistry
Nitroxides and spin labeling
- Golubev V.A., Kozlov Yu.N., Petrov A.N., Purmal A.P. Catalysis of redox processes by nitroxyl radicals, in: Bioactive Spin Labels, R.Zhdanov, ed., Springer, 1992, p. 119-140; Hunter D.H., Barton D.H.R., MotherwellW.J., Oxoammonium salts as oxidizing agents: 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-oxopiperidinium chloride. Tetrahedron Lett., 1984, 25 (6), 603-606; Bobbitt J.M., Brückner C., Merbouh N. Oxoammonium- and Nitroxide-Catalyzed Oxidations of Alcohols. Organic Reactions, 2009, 74, 103-424, J. M. Bobbitt’s reviews: Heterocycles, 1988, 27, 509-533; Org. Prep. Proc. Int. 2004, 36, 3-31);
- Zhdanov R.I. (1992) Spin-labeled medicines: enzymes, biomembranes and potential pharmaceuticals. An overview. In: Bioactive Spin Labels, Zhdanov R.I., ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 1992, p.1-23.
- Zhdanov, Renat, ed. (1992) Bioactive Spin Labels, Springer Heidelberg-N.Y., 650 pp.
- Renad I. Zhdanov and Ferid Murad, Answering the acute question: how to use aminoxyl (nitroxide) free radicals appropriately to regulate oxidative/nitrosative stress and as potential medicines. – Proceedings of Kazan University, Natural sci.series (Uchenye Zapiski – Ученые Записки Казанского Университета. Сер. Естеств.науки) 2010. – vol.152 (№ 4) 135-142 (Link)
- Zhdanov R.I., Komarov P.G. Sterically-hindered hydroxylamines as bioactive spin labels. Free Rad. Res. Comms. 1990, vol. 9, № 3-6, p. 367-377.
- Kardanov N.A., SA Trifonova, RI Zhdanov, IB Al'tman, NN Godovikov, Kabachnik M.I. Spin-labeled organophosphorus cholinolytics // Russian Chemical Bulletin 33 (9), 1911-1915 
- Dorokhov K.E., Grygoryan G.L., Kardanov N.A., Trifonova C.A., Zhdanov R.I., Kabachnik M.I. (1985) Interaction of spin-labeled analogue of methacyn with butyrylcholinestarese. Biophysics (Moscow) Int. Ed. 30 (1), 23-26.
- Emanuel N.M., RI Zhdanov, NP Konovalova, LS Vasil'eva, NA Buina. Paramagnetic diethyleneimides of urethane phosphoric acids as antitumor agents // Voprosy onkologii (Problems in Oncology). Vol. 26 (5). – p. 54-58.
- Komarov P.G., Alexander A. Morgunov, Mariana V. Bilenko, Renat I. Zhdanov. Anti-Ischemic Effect of 1-Hydroxy Derivatives of Nitroxyl Bioantioxidants // in Bioactive Spin Labels, Zhdanov R.I., ed., pp 491–507 
- Zhenodarova S.M., Porotikova V.A., Klyagina V.P., Zhdanov R.I. Spin-labeled oligoribonucleotides as spin labels for the study of enzyme action mechanisms and a method for their preparation. The U.S.S.R. patent № 659573, 30.04.1979. Bulletin № 16 
- Sukhanov V.A., Zhdanov R.I., Shvets V.I. Biologically active stable radicals, XI. Synthesis of spin-labeled ethanolamine. 1979. Chem. Phys. Lipids. 23(2), 155-162 
- Shvets V.I., Sukhanov V.A., Okhanov V.V. and Zhdanov R.I. Spin-labeled phosphatidyl-myo-inositols: synthesis and properties. 1979 Chem. Phys. Lipids 23 (2) 163-172 
- Zhdanov R.I., Kadenatsi I.B., Moshkovskii Yu.Sh, Lavretskaya E.P., Piruzyan L.A.. Pharmacological activity and distribution in vivo of paramagnetic models of some psychotropic compounds // Life Sciences Vol. 25, Issue 26, December 24, 1979, P. 2163-2171 
- Zhdanov R.I., A. A. Kubatiev. Spin Labeling Study of Platelet Plasma Membrane and Nitroxyl Aggregation Inhibitors // in Bioactive Spin Labels R.I. Zhdanov,ed. (1992) pp. 461–489 
- Zhdanov R.I., Kadenatsi I.B. and Kholodov L.E. (1992) Pharmacokinetics of nitroxyl radicals. in: Bioactive Spin Labels, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, p. 527-548 
- Towner R.A. , Zhdanov R.I., Janzen E.G. (1993) Use of nitroxides as MRI contrast agents to study in vivo carbon tetrachloride hepatotoxicity in rats. Free Radical Res.19, S211-S218 .
- Janzen E.G., Reinke L., Zhdanov R.I. (1993) Metabolism of phenyl and alkyi spin adducts of PBN in rat hepatocytes. Rate dependence on size and type of addend group. Free Radical. Res. 19, S157-S162  
- Zhdanov, R.I., Volkova, L.A., Kuvichkin, V.V., Petrov A.I. Nucleic acid spin labeling study of interaction between polyadenylic acid: Polyuridilic acid duplex and egg phosphatidylcholine vesicles. Involvement of terminal and internal nucleotides and sugar-phosphate backbone // Appl. Magn. Reson. (1994) 7 (1): 115-130 .
- Zhdanov, R.I., Volkova, L.A. & Rodin, V.V. Lipid spin labeling and NMR study of interaction between polyadenylic acid: polyuridilic acid duplex and egg phosphatidylcholine liposomes. Evidence for involvement of surface groups of bilayer, phosphoryl groups and metal cations // Appl. Magn. Reson. (1994) vol. 7 (1): 131-146.
Cell and gene transfer & therapy
- Kovalenko D., Shafei R., Zelenina I., Semenova M., Samuilova O., Zhdanov R. (1996) Metallonucleoliposomal complexes as a tool for gene delivery tomouse skeletal muscles in vivo // Rus. J. Genetics 32 (9), 1299-1301 
- Duzgunes N., Tros de Ilarduya C., Simoes S., Zhdanov R., Konopka K., and Pedroso de Lima M.C. (2003) New cationic liposomes and peptides for gene transfer and therapy. Current Med. Chem. 10, 911-918 
- Sviridov Yu.V., Zhdanov R.I., Podobed O.V., Tsvetkova T.A., Konstantinov I.O., and Bogdanenko E.V. (2001) Lac Z gene transfer into L929 cells and /14C-tymidine/-DNA tissue distribution following i.p. administration of new pH-sensitive lipoplexes in mice. Cytobios 106, Suppl. 1, 7-14.
- Kozlov L.V., Zhdanov R.I., Guzova V.A., Podobed O.V., Ermakov A.S., Bogdanenko E.V., Sviridov Yu. V. (2001) Action of non-viral gene delivery vectors on human complement system: anticomplementary activity of lipoplexes based on LacZ plasmid, phospholipid vesicles and oligocation Dicholenim. Cytobios 106, Suppl. 1, 67-74.
- Zhdanov R.I., Bogdanenko E.V., Moskovtsev A.A., Podobed O.V., and DuzgunesN. (2003) Liposome-mediated gene delivery: dependence on lipid structure, glycolipid mediated targeting, and immunological properties. Methods in Enzymol. Liposomes, Part C: Gene Transfer and Therapy (N. Duzgunes, ed.) vol. 373. – p. 433-465  .
- Zhdanov R.I., Arslan A., Shahin F. (2009) Targeting gene delivery in gene cell and stem cell therapy. IUMB Life 61 (3) S12-20, 310-311  .
- Fakhrullin R.F., Zamaraeva A.I., Morozov M.V., Tazetdinova D.I., Alimova F.K., Hilmutdinov A.K., Zhdanov R.I., Kahraman M., and Chulha M. (2009) Living fungi cells encapsulated in polyelectrolyte shells doped with metal nanoparticles. Langmur 25 (8), 4628-4634  .
- Zhdanov R.I., Podobed O.V., Vlassov V.V. (2002) Cationic lipids/DNA complexes – lipoplexes - in gene transfer and therapy // Bioelectrochem. – vol. 58, № 1. – p. 53-64 
- Kuznetsova T.G., Starodubtseva M.N., Yegorenkov N.I., Chizhik S.A., Zhdanov R.I. (2007) Atomic force microscopy probing of cell elasticity // Micron. – vol. 38, № 8. – p. 824-33  .
- Elkady A., Sebyakin Yu.L., Gallyamov M., Moskovtsev A., Bischoff G., Zhdanov R.I., and Khokhlov A.R. (2004) DNA-Lipid supramolecular complexes: structural and functional peculiarities as studied by scanning atomic force microscopy. In: “Micro- and Nanostructures of Biologycal Systems”, the 2nd ed. (G. Bischoff and H.-J. Hein, eds.) Shaker Verlag, Aachen, p. 32-47  .
- Elkady A.S., Zhdanov R.I. (2006) Dicationic DEGA-Based Lipid Systems for Gene Transfer and Delivery: Supramolecular Structure and Activity. In: Mozafari M.R. (eds) Nanocarrier Technologies. Springer, Dordrecht 
- Bischoff G., Hoffmann S., Zhdanov R.I. (2004) DNA-binding of drugs used in medicinal therapies. Frount. Med. Chemistry (Bentham Press), A. B. Retz, C. P. Kordki, M. I. Choudhary, and Attaur-Rakhman, eds., v. 1, p. 619-645 Link
- Bogdanenko E.V., Zhdanov R.I. Gene transfer using natural and artificial polymersof non-lipid nature in gene therapy // Genes and Cells (Geny i Kletki). – 2016. – vol. XI, № 3. – p. 33-39 (Link in Russian).
- Rybzov S.A., Dumacheva E.V.,Dumachev D.V., Rybzova N.N., Mustafin I.G., Zhdanov R.I. Ethical and scientific aspects of the study of human embryonic material: the Great Britain experience // Genes and Cells (Geny i Kletki). - 2016. – vol. XI, № 1. – p. 82-89 (Link in Russian).
Nucleic acid – lipid interactions and coding. Language of genome
- Zhdanov RI and Zhenodarova SM. Chemical methods of oligonucleotides synthesis. – Synthesis. – 1975. - № 4, 222-245. DOI:10.1055/s-1975-23714 (Link)
- Zhdanov Renad with Kaptein Robert:Sequence-dependent DNA conformation and DNA-phospholipid recognition. Guest Editors’ preface and introductory notes // Appl Magn. Reson. 1994, 7(1) IX-XII) .
- Zhdanov R.I., Amici A., Krylov A.S., Zarubina T.V., Venanci F. Effect of phospholipid membranes on specific and nonspecific transcription systems in vitro // Doklady Biochem.Biophys. Int. Ed. 2005. Vol. 402, 193-196 Link
- Zhdanov R.I., A.S. Shmyrina, A.R. Jdanov, V.V. Kuvichkin and V.A. Tverdislov (2002) Role of nucleic acid - lipid membrane interactions in function initial cells and in prokaryote-to-eukaryote transition. Bioelectrochem. 58, 47-52. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-4615-2860-9_24#page-1
- Zhdanov R.I., Struchkov V.A., Dyabina O.S.and Strazhevskaya N.B. (2001) DNA-bound cardiolipin - the phospholipid of proliferation, Cytobios (Cambridge) 106, 55-61.
- Bischoff G., and Zhdanov R.I. Lipidomic – Lipids Take Part in Complexity of Genetic Control // Chem.Ingineur Technik, 2002. - vol. 74, № 5. - p. 714-715 Link
- Dyachkov P.N., Fedorov B.B., Bischoff G., Bischoff R., and Zhdanov R. (2002) Computer modelling phospholipid - nucleic acid recognition. Bioelectrochem. vol. 58, № 1, 32-37 
- Struchkov V.A., Strazhevskaya N.B., Zhdanov R.I. Specific natural DNA-bound lipids in post-genome era. The lipid conception of chromatin organization // Bioelectrochem. – 2002. – vol. 56, № 1-2. – p. 195-198 
- Struchkov V.A., Strazhevskaya N.B., Zhdanov R.I. DNA-bound lipids of normal and tumor cells: retrospective and outlooks for functional genomics // Bioelectrochem. – 2002. – vol. 58, № 1. – p. 23-31  .
- Zhdanov R.i., Strazhevskaya N.B., Jdanov A.R, Bischoff G. A spectroscopic and Surface Plasmon Resonance study of oleic acid / DNA complexes // J. Biomol. Str. Dynamics 2002 vol. 20, № 2, p. 231-242 
- Zhdanov R.I., Krylov A.S., Zarubina T.V., Bischoff G., Ibragimova M.Y. Complexation between DNA and cardiolipin according to circular dichroism and spectrophotometry data // Doklady Chem. Int. Ed. - 2013. - vol. 452, Part 2. - pp. 254–258  .
- R.I. Zhdanov, A.S. Shmyrina, L.N. Istratova, T.V. Zarubina, A.L. Mulyukin, G.I. El-Registan, N. Haupt, A. Kraus and W.Lorenz (2006) Nature of fatty acids bound to DNA in bacterial nucleoid. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 265, 151-158 
- Zhdanov R.I., Ibragimova M.Y. New informational level at genomic DNA: lipids specifically bound to DNA // Genetics and Chemistry Sharing a Language of Discovery: Cell Symposium series, May 23–25, 2012, Boston, U.S.A. Book of abstracts. - P. 29  .
- Zhdanov R.I., Kuvichkin V.V. (1993) Membrane phospholipids act as DNA\RNA receptors during formation of specific DNA nuclear membrane contacts and gene expression. In: New Developments in Lipid-Protein Interactions and ReceptorFunction, Gustafsson J.-A., Packer L., and Wirtz K.W., eds, Plenum, N.Y., 246: 249-262. 
- Krylov A.S., Zhdanov R.I., Protein-nucleic acid identification: new method for protein classification based on protein-nucleic acid interaction // Genes and Cells (Geny i Kletki). – 2015. – Том X, № 1 (Link in Russian)
- Renad Zhdanov, Eric C. Schirmer, Anuroop V. Venkatasubramani, Alastair R. W. Kerr, Elena Mandrou, Giovanny Rodriguez-Blanco, Alexander Kagansky. Lipids contribute to epigenetic control via chromatin structure and functions. ScienceOpen Res.- October 6, 2015. - DOI: 10.14293/S2199-1006.1.SOR-LIFE.AUXYTR.v1
- Zhdanov R.I., D. Kern, W. Lorenz, M.Ya. Ibragimova. Fatty acid and lipid profile of Pseudomonas aurantiaca DNA-bound lipids according mass-spectrometry data // Microbiology (Moscow) Int. Ed. 2015. – Vol. 84, № 1. – P. 34-40. DOI: 10.1134/S0026261714060228 
- Zolyan S.T. and Zhdanov R.I. Genome as hypertext: from metaphor to theory // Kritika i Semiotika (Critics and Semiotics). – 2016. - № 1. – p. 60-84. ISSN 2307-1737 (Link in Russian)
- Zhdanov R.I., ed. Selected Chapters in Fundamental and Translational Medicine, Kazan University Press,2014 (Russian) 
Stress and athletics biochemistry and genetics
- Lewis Ricki and Zhdanov Renad. Centenarians as Stem Cell Donors // American J. of Bioethics. -2009. - vol. 9, № 11. – p. 1-3 (Link)
- Lozhkin A.P., Yu.V. Chernokhvostov, V.G. Dvoenosov, M.V. Panasyuk, R.I. Zhdanov. THE INFLUENCE OF PHYCHOEMOTIONAL STRESS ON WHITE BLOOD CELLS CIRCULATION AND THROMBODYNAMICS IN HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS // Kazanskii Med, Zhurnal (Kazan Medical Journal) 2013. P. 718-722. (Russian) 
- Kupriyanov R.V., Zhdanov R.I. Stress and allostasis: problems, outlooks and relationships. – (Pavlov J. High Nervous Activity) ZhVyssh Nerv Deiat Im I.P. Pavlova) 2014 Jan-Febr. – vol. 64, № 1. – p. 21-31 (Link in Russian)
- Kupriyanov Roman and Zhdanov Renad. The Eustress Concept: Problems and Outlooks - World Journal of Medical Sciences 2014 11 (2): 179-185. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wjms.2014.11.2.8433 (Link)
- Davydov D.M., Zhdanov R.I., Dvoenosov V.G., Kravtsova O.A., Voronina E.N., Filipenko M.L.. Resilience to orthostasis and hemorrhage: Common effects of some genetic and conditioning factors // Sci. Reports Nature PG. 2015. V. 5, article number № 10703. DOI:10.1038/srep10703. (Link)
- Tuktamyshov R.N., Zhdanov R.I. The method of in vivo evaluation of haemostasis: Spatial thrombodynamics // Hemаtology. 2015. Vol. 20, № 10, 584-586. - IF 1,253 DOI: (Link)
- Zhdanov RI, Doinikova AN, Zhdanova SI, Chernokhvostov YV, Gadzhieva ES,Dvoenosov VG. Correlation between Haemostatic and Vegetate Nervous System Parameters under Examination Stress. - Pavlov J. High Nervous Activity. 2016 Mar-Apr; 66 (2): 202-8 (Link in Russian).
- Anikhovskaya I.A., Dvoenosov V.G., Zhdanov R.I., Koubatiev A.A., Mayskiy I.A., Markelova M.M., Meshkov M.V., Oparina O.N., Salakhov I.M., Yakovlev M.Yu. Emotional stress as a clinical model to study the pathogenesis of the initial phase of the general adaptation syndrome // Pathophysiol. Exper. Therapy (Moscow). – 2015. – vol. 59, №4. – p. 87-92. (Link in Russian)
- Cпиридонов Е.А., Жданов Р.И. Об эффективности управления процессами оздоровления и здоровьесбережения населения: опыт анализа // Проблемы соц.гигиены, здравоохранения и истории медицины. – 2016. - № 5.
Volumes and books by Renad Zhdanov
|1||Zhdanov R.I. Iminoxyl (nitroxide) free radicals in Biology and Medicine, ZNANIE Publishing house (preface by academician Yuryi Ovchinnikov; 50,000 issues).||Moscow, |
|61 pp., Russian|
|2||Zhdanov R.I., Koltover V.K., Livshits V.A. Method Spinovukh Metok, Mir Publishing house, 1981, as Translation into Russian of volume: Spin Labeling, vol.1, L.Berliner, ed., Academic, 1979 ||Moscow, 1981||520 pp., Russian|
|3||Zhdanov Renad I. Paramagnetic Models of Biologically Active Compounds, NAUKA Publishing house, Moscow, 1981 (Forewod by academician Nikolay Emanuel).   (Link) |
Positive references by V. Tverdislov. Biophysics Moscow. – 1983. - vol. 28 (1). - P. 187; and by A.V. Kulikov and G.I. Likhtenstein. Biochemistry Moscow. – 1983. - vol. 48 (1). - P. 175-176
|Moscow, 1980||280 pp., in Russian|
|4||Nikolay M. Emanuel and Renad I. Zhdanov, editors. Spin Labeling and Spin Probing Method in Biology and Medicine (Link in Russian)||Moscow, 1986||271 pp., Russian|
|5||Edward Rozantsev and Renad I. Zhdanov, editors. Nitroxyl Free Radicals: Synthesis, Chemistry and Applications, NAUKA Publishing house (Link)||Moscow, 1987||262 pp. |
|6||Gerz I. Likhtenstein and Renad I. Zhdanov, editors. Biomacromolecules in Spin Labeling Method, NAUKA (link) |
Publishing house (Positive reference on three book series: A.T. Balaban (1989) REV. ROUMAINE CHIME, 34(8) 1809-1811).
|Moscow, 1988||262 pp. Russian|
|7||Zhdanov R.I. and Komarov V.N. Model and Biomembranes in Spin Labeling Method, VINITI Publishing house||Moscow, 1990||211 pp., Russian|
|8||Renad I. Zhdanov, editor. Bioactive Spin labels, Springerб 690 рр. |
|N.Y., 1992||In English|
|9||Renad I. Zhdanov and Robert Kaptein, Guest (Utrecht) editors (1994) A special issue of Int. Journal, Applied magnetic resonance", devoted to the study of nucleic acids and nucleic acid - lipid interactions by magnetic resonance techniques, Vol. 7, # 1, |
|Springer – Wienn, |
|160 pp., In English|
|10||A. Arslan (Gaziantep), R.G. Vasilov, and R.I. Zhdanov, Guest Editors (1995) Int. Journal, karadeniz journal OF medical sciences", a special isuue with abstracts of presentations on EuroAsian Symposium on Gene Diagnostics, Gene Therapy and Informational Immunity, Vol.8, # 4,||Ankara, 1995||157 pp., In English|
|11||Moscow, 1999-2000 |In Russian|
|12||A.I. Archakov, and R.I. Zhdanov (editors) (2000) VOPROSY MED. KHIM. (Problems in medicinal Chemistry), vol. 46, # 3, 101pp. (10 review articles). A special issue, devoted to gene transfer and therapy (in Russian) (R.I. is an co-author of 4articles) http://pbmc.ibmc.msk.ru/index.php/ru/article/PBMC-2000-46-3-197-ru||101 pp., In Russian|
|13||R.I. Zhdanov and T. Hianik, Guest Editors. BIOELECTROCHEMISTRY, vol. 58, # 1 (15 review articles). A special issue, devoted to nucleic acid-lipid interactions, complexes and recognition. |
|120 pp., in English|
|14*||M.R. Mozafari, Editor, Nanocarrier Technologies: Frontiers of Nanotherapy, Springer, Berlin/New York, 2006. ISBN 1-4020-5040-2. * R.I. Zhdanov, Foreword (Link)||Springer, Berlin, 2006||In English|
|15||M.R. Mozafari, Editor, Foreword by S.D. Varfolomeev and R.I. . Nanosystems and Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications, Springer, Berlin/New York, 2007. (Link) |
|Springer, Berlin, 2007||In English|
|16||Kazan, 2008||26 pp., |
|17||Valeeva I.K., Ibragimova M.Y., Zhdanov R.I., Malkov S.V., Khalikova A.R., Khalikova A.R. Methods for Evaluation of Protective Anti-oxidant System of Human Organism, Kazan University Press||Kazan, 2008||50 pp., in Russian|
|18||Valeeva I.K., Ibragimova M.Y., Zhdanov R.I., Salafutdinov I.I., Khalikova A.R., Khalikova A.R, Ibragimova L.Y. Methods the Study of Lipid Exchange, Kazan University Press||Kazan, 2008||60 pp., in Russian|
|19||Zhdanov R.I., Skalny A.V., editors. Exchange of macro- and microelements in human organism, Kazan University Press||Kazan, 2009||105 pp., in Russian|
|20||Bogdanenko E.V., Ibragimova M.Y., Zhdanov R.I. Non-Viral Gene Transfer in Experimental Gene Therapy, Kazan University Press||Kazan, 2009||85 pp., in Russian|
|21||Zhdanov R.I., Bogdanenko E.V., Ibragimova M.Y. Methods of Non-Viral Gene Transfer in Gene Therapy, Kazan University Press||Kazan 2009||74 pp., in Russian|
|22||R.I. Zhdanov and M. Bogdanov, editors-in-chief, «The 1st Int.3D Pax-Grid - Internet Conference on Fundamental Medicine "From Scalpel - toward Genome, Proteome, Lipidome"devoted to the 60th Anniversary of Krick’s and Watson’s DNA Double Helix», April 25–28, 2011. Book of Proceedings, Kazan University Press, 2011. |
|Kazan, 2011||135 pp., in English|
|23||R.I. Zhdanov. Kazan University School of Chemistry in the Mirror of Philately // Art&Fakt, 36 double pages, 36 стр., 255 figs |
(Р.И. Жданов. Химическая школа Казанского университета в зеркале филателии - на русском и английском языках).
|Art&Fakt, Kazan, 2011||36 pp., in English|
|24||R.I. Zhdanov, editor. Selected Chapters of Fundamental and Translational Medicine, Kazan University Press, 2014 Р.И. Жданов, отв. ред. // Избранные главы фундаментальной и трансляционной медицины. 2014. Изд-во Казанского университета. 590 pp. |
|Kazan University Press, 2014||590 pp., in Russian|
|25||R.I. Zhdanov, ed. Language of Genome, Int. Conference “Language of Genome”, Kazan, RT Academy of Sciences Publishing House, 2014, 35 pp.||Kazan, 2014||35 pp., in English|
|26*||Mikhailova S.V., Kuzmichev Yu.G., Zhulin N.V. Methods for Evaluation and Selfcontrol of physical health by students, Educational textbook, |
Lobachevsky National Research State University at Nizhnyi Novgorod-City, *Professor R.I. Zhdanov being a reviewer and an author of the official reference.
|Arzamas, 2016||142 pp., in Russian|