|Date of birth||Stuttgart|
|Date of death||Jul 07, 1856 Wiesbaden|
Princess Pauline Friederike Marie of Württemberg, full German name: Pauline Friederike Marie, Prinzessin von Württemberg (25 February 1810, Stuttgart, Kingdom of Württemberg – 7 July 1856, Wiesbaden, Duchy of Nassau) was a member of the House of Württemberg and a Princess of Württemberg by birth. Through her marriage to William, Duke of Nassau, Louise was also a member of the House of Nassau-Weilburg and Duchess consort of Nassau. Pauline is an ancestress of the present Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Luxembourg, Norwegian, and Swedish Royal families.
Pauline was the fourth child of Prince Paul of Württemberg and his wife Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
Marriage and issue
Pauline married William, Duke of Nassau, eldest son of Frederick William, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg and his wife Burgravine Louise Isabelle of Kirchberg, on 23 April 1829 in Stuttgart. Pauline and William had four children:
- An unnamed daughter (Biebrich, 27 April 1830 – Biebrich, 28 April 1830).
- Helene Wilhelmine Henriette Pauline Marianne of Nassau (Wiesbaden, 12 April 1831 – Bad Pyrmont, 27 October 1888), married in Wiesbaden on 26 September 1853 George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and had issue
- Nikolaus Wilhelm of Nassau (20 September 1832 – 17 September 1905). Married, morganatically, Natalia Alexandrovna Pushkina, Countess of Merenberg. She was a daughter of Alexander Pushkin and his wife Natalya Goncharova. They had issue, now extinct in male line.
- Sophia Wilhelmine Marianne Henriette of Nassau (9 July 1836 – 30 December 1913). Married King Oscar II of Sweden. The present Belgian, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish royal families descend from this marriage.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 25 February 1810 – 23 April 1829: Her Royal Highness Princess Pauline of Württemberg
- 23 April 1829 – 30 August 1839: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Nassau
- 30 August 1839 – 7 July 1856: Her Royal Highness The Dowager Duchess of Nassau
|Ancestors of Princess Pauline of Württemberg (1810–1856)|