Charles IDuke of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelDuke Anthony Ulrich of BrunswickElisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel-BevernDuke Louis Ernest of Brunswick-LüneburgDuke Ferdinand of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelDuchess Luise of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelPrincess Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelTherese of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelJuliana Maria of Brunswick-WolfenbüttelFriedrich Franz von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel
Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (Antoinette Amalie; 14 April 1696 – 6 March 1762) was a Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel and the wife of her father's cousin Ferdinand Albert II of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel. She was the mother of the Queen of Prussia, the Duchess of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and the Queen of Denmark and Norway.
Antoinette was the youngest of four daughters born to Louis Rudolph of Brunswick-Lüneburg and his wife Princess Christine Louise of Oettingen-Oettingen. Her older sister was Elisabeth Christine, mother of Empress Maria Theresa. Her other surviving sister Charlotte Christine was the daughter-in-law of Peter the Great of Russia.
15 October 1712 saw her marriage to Ferdinand Albert II of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, son of Ferdinand Albert I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg and Christine of Hesse-Eschwege.
The marriage was very happy and Antoinette was the mother of eight sons and six daughters. In 1735, her father-in-law the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg died and her husband succeeded him. Her husband himself died September the same year. The Dowager Duchess went on to survive her husband for 27 years.
Charles I, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1 August 1713 – 26 March 1780) married Princess Philippine Charlotte of Prussia and had issue.
Anthony Ulrich of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (28 August 1714 – 4 May 1774) married Grand Duchess Anna Leopoldovna of Russia and had issue.
Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (8 November 1715 – 13 January 1797) married Frederick II of Prussia, no issue.
Louis Ernest of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (25 September 1718 – 12 May 1788) died unmarried.
Ferdinand of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (12 January 1721 – 3 July 1792) died unmarried.
Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (29 January 1722 – 13 January 1780) married Prince Augustus William of Prussia and had issue.
Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (13/23 January 1724 – 17 May 1802) married Ernest Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and had issue.
Albert of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1725–1745) died unmarried.
Charlotte of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1725–1766) died unmarried.
Theresa Natalie of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (4 June 1728 – 26 June 1778) died unmarried.
Juliana Maria of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (4 September 1729 – 10 October 1796) married Frederick V of Denmark and had issue.
Frederick William of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1731–1732) died in infancy.
Frederick Francis of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1732–1758) died unmarried.
Ancestors of Princess Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
16. Henry III, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
8. Augustus the Younger, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
17. Ursula of Saxe-Lauenburg
4. Anthony Ulrich, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
18. Rudolph, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst (=22)
9. Dorothea of Anhalt-Zerbst
19. Dorothea Hedwig of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (= 23)
2. Louis Rudolph, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
20. John II, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg
10. Frederick, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sønderburg-Norburg
21. Elisabeth of Brunswick-Grubenhagen
5. Elisabeth of Schleswig-Holstein-Sønderborg-Nordborg
22. Rudolph, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst (=18)
11. Eleanor of Anhalt-Zerbst
23. Dorothea Hedwig of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (= 19)
1. Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
24. Ludwig Eberhard of Oettingen
12. Joachim Ernst of Oettingen
25. Margarethe of Erbach
6. Albert Ernest I, Prince of Oettingen
26. Kraft of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein
13. Anna Dorothea of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein-Gleichen
27. Sophie of Birkenfeld
3. Princess Christine Louise of Oettingen-Oettingen
28. John Frederick, Duke of Württemberg
14. Eberhard III, Duke of Württemberg
29. Barbara Sophie of Brandenburg
7. Christine of Württemberg
30. Johann Kasimir of Salm-Kyrburg
15. Anna Dorothea of Salm-Kyrburg
31. Dorothea of Solms-Laubach
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
14 April 1696 – 15 October 1712Her Serene Highness Duchess Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
15 October 1712 – 1 March 1735Her Serene Highness the Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Princess of Bevern
1 March 1735 – 2 September 1735Her Serene Highness the Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Princess of Wolfenbüttel
2 September 1735 – 6 March 1762Her Serene Highness the Dowager Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Dowager Princess of Wolfenbüttel