|A.K.A.||Wilhelm von Hessen-Kassel|
|Birth||December 24, 1787 (Biebrich)|
|Death||September 5, 1867 (Copenhagen)|
|Authority||Wikitree id VIAF id|
Prince William of Hesse-Kassel (24 December 1787 – 5 September 1867), was the first son of Prince Frederick of Hesse-Kassel and Princess Caroline of Nassau-Usingen.
Marriage and children
On 10 November 1810, William was married in Amalienborg Palace to Princess Louise Charlotte of Denmark (1789–1864) daughter of Hereditary Prince Frederick of Denmark and Norway (1753–1805) and Sophia Frederica of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1758–1794).
Children of marriage:
- Karoline Friederike Marie of Hesse-Kassel (15 August 1811 - 10 May 1829).
- Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel (9 May 1814 - 28 July 1895). Married Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau.
- Louise of Hesse-Kassel (7 September 1817- 29 September 1898). Married King Christian IX of Denmark.
- Friedrich Wilhelm (26 November 1820 - 14 October 1884). Head of House of Hesse-Kassel. Married first Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaievna of Russia, a daughter of Nicholas I of Russia and Charlotte of Prussia, and second Anna of Prussia.
- Auguste Sophie Friederike of Hesse-Kassel (30 October 1823 - 17 July 1899). Married Baron Carl Frederik von Blixen-Finecke, Lord of Näsbyholm.
- Sophie Wilhelmine of Hesse-Kassel (18 January - 20 December 1827).