Ibrahim Hassan Hussein (Arabic: إبراهيم حسن حسين; born 10 August 1966) is an Egyptian retired footballer, known publicly as Ibrahim Hassan. The right back of the FIFA world team 1990, Ibrahim Hassan has well over 100 caps for Egypt. His twin brother Hossam also played professional football, and they shared clubs for most of their extensive careers.
Born in Cairo, Hassan played professionally for almost twenty years, in a career in which he shared teams with his sibling Hossam for its vast majority. He represented Al-Ahly (twice), PAOK FC, Neuchâtel Xamax, Al Ain SCC, Zamalek SC and Al-Masry, even joining his twin in his abroad spells in Greece, Switzerland and United Arab Emirates.
Hassan retired at almost 40 years of age, going on to have a spell as assistant manager in former team El-Masry, where his brother would also start his coaching career in 2008. In 2010, after a brief spell with Zamalek in the same predicament, he became the club's director of football.
Hassan played 125 games and scored 12 goals for Egypt for almost 20 years, as Hossam. He appeared for the national team at the 1990 FIFA World Cup, helping it to two draws and a narrow 0–1 defeat against England. His brother was also an undisputed starter, as the pair became the first players from Africa to be selected to FIFA's Century Club. However Ibrahim Hassan remains the only Egyptian footballer who made the FIFA world team selection ( three times) and in fact played twice on two separate occasions in 1990 & 1999 against Bosnia and South Africa respectively
|Egypt national team|
- Best right-defender in the 1990 FIFA World Cup.
- Fifa world team selection 1990.
- Fifa world team selection 1999.
- Egyptian League (14): 1984–85, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1988–89, 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2003–04
- Egyptian Cup (5): 1984–85, 1988–89, 1992–93, 1995–96, 2001–02
- Egyptian Super Cup (2): 2001, 2002
- African Cup Winners' Cup (4): 1983–84, 1984–85, 1985–86, 1992–93
- African Champions League (2): 1986–87, 2001–02
- Arab Champions League: 1995–96
- Arab Cup Winners' Cup: 1993–94
- Arab Super Cup: 1997, 1998
- Afro-Asian Cup: 1988
- African Super Cup: 2002
- Arab Champions League: 2002–03
- Saudi-Egyptian Super Cup: 2003
- UAE League: 1999–2000
- Arab Nations Cup: 1992