German General and Knight's Cross recipients
Horst von Mellenthin (31 July 1898 – 8 January 1977) was a German general during World War II who commanded several corps. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (22 August 1915) & 1st Class (29 May 1917)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (15 July 1943) & 1st Class (26 July 1943)
- German Cross in Gold on 25 March 1944 as Generalmajor and commander of the 205. Infanterie-Division
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 10 October 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 205. Infanterie-Division
- Oak Leaves on 4 April 1945 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 205. Infanterie-Division
Add a word
What's the good word on Horst von Mellenthin?
To suggest a correction, or to flag this profile for review, click:
All good. Ready to be uploaded