Nicholas I of RussiaAlexander I of RussiaGrand Duke Constantine Pavlovich of Russia
Grand Duchess Catherine Mikhailovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Elizabeth Mikhailovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Maria Mikhailovna of RussiaNadezhda Mikhaylovna Polovtsova
Anna Pavlovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Alexandra Pavlovna of RussiaCatherine Pavlovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of RussiaGrand Duchess Olga Pavlovna of Russia
Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia (Russian: Михаи́л Па́влович; Mikhail Pavlovich) (8 February 1798 – 9 September 1849) was a Russian prince, the tenth child and fourth son of Paul I of Russia and Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg. He was born in St. Petersburg.
Marriage and issue
In St. Petersburg on 19 February 1824, Michael married his first cousin once removed Princess Charlotte of Württemberg (1807–1873), the daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg and Charlotte of Saxe-Hildburghausen. Charlotte took the name Elena Pavlovna upon converting to Orthodoxy. They had five children:
Grand Duchess Maria Mikhailovna of Russia (9 March 1825 Moscow – 19 November 1846 Vienna); died unmarried.
Grand Duchess Elizabeta Mikhailovna of Russia (26 May 1826 Moscow – 28 January 1845 Wiesbaden); married Adolf, Duke of Nassau and died in childbirth.
Grand Duchess Ekaterina Mikhailovna of Russia (28 August 1827 – 12 May 1894), married Duke Georg August of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Grand Duchess Alexandra Mikhailovna of Russia (28 January 1831 Moscow – 27 March 1832 Moscow)
Grand Duchess Anna Mikhailovna of Russia (27 October 1834 Moscow – 22 March 1836 Saint Petersburg)
Mikhailovsky Palace was built by Carlo Rossi for Grand Duke Michael between 1819–1825. The Palace now holds the Russian Museum.
Michael died in Warsaw, aged 51.
Michael's great-great-great-grandson Duke Georg Borwin of Mecklenburg is the current head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
Ancestors of Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia
16. Frederick IV, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp
8. Charles Frederick, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp
17. Hedwig Sophia of Sweden
4. Peter III of Russia
18. Peter I of Russia
9. Anna Petrovna of Russia
19. Catherine I of Russia
2. Paul I of Russia
20. John Louis I, Prince of Anhalt-Dornburg
10. Christian August, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst
21. Christine Eleonore von Zeustch
5. Catherine II of Russia
22. Christian August of Holstein-Gottorp, Prince of Eutin
11. Johanna Elisabeth of Holstein-Gottorp
23. Albertina Frederica of Baden-Durlach
1. Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia
24. Frederick Charles of Württemberg-Winnental
12. Karl Alexander, Duke of Württemberg
25. Eleonore Juliane of Brandenburg-Ansbach
6. Friedrich II Eugen, Duke of Württemberg
26. Anselm Franz, 2nd Prince of Thurn and Taxis
13. Princess Maria Augusta of Thurn and Taxis
27. Princess Maria Ludovika of Lobkowicz
3. Sophie Dorothea of Württemburg
28. Philip William, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt
14. Friedrich Wilhelm, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt