German World War II U-boat commander
Georg Lassen (12 May 1915 – 18 January 2012) was a German U-boat commander during World War II. He was a Watch Officer on U-29 at the outbreak of the war and later the skipper of the U-160 and recipient of the Iron Cross.
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th Class (5 April 1939)
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (26 September 1939) & 1st Class (18 July 1940)
- Memel Medal (26 October 1939)
- U-boat War Badge (1939) (18 July 1940)
- U-boat Front Clasp (22 October 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 10 August 1942 as Oberleutnant zur See and commander of U-160
- Oak Leaves on 7 March 1943 as Kapitänleutnant and commander of U-160
Add a word
What's the good word on Georg Lassen?
To suggest a correction, or to flag this profile for review, click:
All good. Ready to be uploaded