Friedrich Markworth (14 February 1915 – 13 January 1994) was a German U-boat commander in World War II and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross (German: Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes). The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Markworth was severely wounded when U-66 came under attack by aircraft from the US escort carrier USS Card on 3 August 1943. U-66 rendezvoused with U-117 on 6 August and command of U-66 was transferred to Oberleutnant zur See Paul Frerks, watch officer on U-117.
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 April 1940)
- 1st Class (10 November 1942)
- U-boat War Badge (1939) (13 July 1941)
- High Seas Fleet Badge (27 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 8 July 1943 as Kapitänleutnant and commander of U-66
- Busch & Röll 2003, p. 367.
- ^ Busch & Röll 2003, p. 368.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 303.