|Birth||February 28, 1757 (Königsberg)|
|Death||December 17, 1827 (Schleswig)|
Countess Friederike Amalie of Schlieben (German: Friederike Amalie Gräfin von Schlieben; 28 February 1757 – 17 December 1827) was the consort of Friedrich Karl Ludwig, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck.
Friederike was born in Königsberg, Kingdom of Prussia and was the second and youngest daughter of Count Karl Leopold von Schlieben and his wife, Countess Marie Eleanore von Lehndorff.
Marriage and issue
Friederike married Friedrich Karl Ludwig, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck, son of Prince Karl Anton August of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck and his wife Countess Charlotte zu Dohna-Schlodien, on 9 March 1780 in Königsberg. Friederike and Friedrich Karl Ludwig had three children:
- HSH Princess Friederike of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck (13 December 1780 – 19 January 1862)
- HSH Princess Luise of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck (28 September 1783 – 24 November 1803)
- HSH Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (4 January 1785 – 27 February 1831)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 28 February 1757 – 9 March 1780: Countess Friederike von Schlieben
- 9 March 1780 – 25 March 1816: Her Serene Highness the Duchess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck
- 25 March 1816 – 17 December 1827: Her Serene Highness the Dowager Duchess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck
Through her son, Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Friederike is ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II, Margrethe II of Denmark, Constantine II of Greece, Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, Harald V of Norway, Philippe of Belgium and Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
|Ancestors of Countess Friederike of Schlieben|