|Birth||January 17, 1831 (Buda)|
|Death||February 14, 1903 (Albertina)|
Elisabeth Franziska Maria, Archduchess of Austria, Princess of Hungary and Bohemia (17 January 1831, Buda, Hungary – 14 February 1903, Albertina, Austria-Hungary).
Elisabeth of Austria was born in Ofen (Buda), Hungary, the daughter of Palatine Joseph of Hungary (1776–1847) and his third wife Maria Dorothea of Württemberg (1797–1855).
Her first marriage, on 4 October 1847 in Vienna, was to her second cousin Archduke Ferdinand Karl Viktor of Austria-Este (1821–1849), by whom she had one daughter:
- HI&RH Archduchess Maria Theresia of Austria-Este (1849–1919), wife of King Ludwig III of Bavaria and Jacobite pretender to the thrones of England and Scotland.
Her second marriage, on 18 April 1854, in Vienna, was to her first cousin Archduke Karl Ferdinand of Austria (1818–1874) by whom she had six children:
- HI&RH Archduke Franz Joseph of Austria (1855–1855)
- HI&RH Archduke Friedrich of Austria, Duke of Teschen (1856–1936)
- HI&RH Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria (1858–1929), wife of King Alfonso XII of Spain
- HI&RH Archduke Charles Stephen of Austria (1860–1933)
- HI&RH Archduke Eugen of Austria (1863–1954)
- HI&RH Archduchess Maria Eleonora of Austria (1864–1864)
Elisabeth died at her son's palais, the Albertina, Vienna of Pneumonia. She is buried in Baden bei Wien where there is a street named after her.
|Ancestors of Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria|