German SS Standartenführer
|Date of birth||Heidelberg|
|Date of death||Sep 01, 2003 Heilbronn|
|Awards||German Cross in Gold, Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Albert Frey (16 February 1913 – 1 September 2003) was a mid-ranking commander in the Waffen-SS of Nazi Germany during World War II who commanded the SS Division Leibstandarte (LSSAH).
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (25 September 1939) & 1st Class (30 June 1940)
- German Cross in Gold on 17 November 1941 as SS-Hauptsturmführer in the III./Bataillon LSSAH
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 3 March 1943 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the I./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment LSSAH
- 359th Oak Leaves on 20 December 1943 as SS-Obersturmbannführer and commander of SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 1 LSSAH
- Thomas 1997, p. 180.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 122.
- ^ Scherzer 2007, p. 318.
Add a word
What's the good word on Albert Frey (SS officer)?
To suggest a correction, or to flag this profile for review, click:
All good. Ready to be uploaded