UpClosed’s commitment to the protection of your data
UpClosed is committed to helping users understand the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and to comply with its requirements. We’ve ensured that our website and contractual commitments are in line with GDPR regulations. We’ll also continue monitoring best practices around GDPR compliance and update our commitments if they change.
About the GDPR
The GDPR is a European law that has the objective of protecting EU citizens' personal information and regulates how such data is collected, stored, and used. https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
Types of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we collect and their purposePurpose - We use this information to:
- provide, test, and improve our services
- fight spam and other forms of abuse
Any information we collect is provided by the user; we don't collect any Personally Identifiable Information in a stealthy manner. The data is only stored: we do not use the collected data in any form. Under no circumstances, we share this information with any third-party.Information we collect:
- If you create an account on the site, we store your login information. If you use a social channel to register and log in, we store your username on the respective social channel. If you create an account with us, we store your username, email address, and password.
- If you create a biography, in addition to your login information, we store any information you have supplied in your biography. For the biography, the only required fields are name, introduction, and biography. All fields, including profile image and cover image, are optional. If you add a "word" on a biography, we store the contents of it.
If you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your email-address. You can unsubscribe any time by clicking on unsubscribe link in the newsletter. You can also email us at [email protected]
Information we may receive from social network sites
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you log in with or "Like" us on Facebook or "Follow" us on Twitter, we may receive information from your social network your publicly available information such as, name, username, profile picture, gender, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
Although we have access to this information, we do not collect it nor we use it in any way.European and UK residents, as outlined in the GDPR have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about personal data we collect and how we process it
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate
- The right to request removal of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process it
- For additional rights and additional information on your rights, we encourage you to visit this guide to the GDPR: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
Data Controller Contact
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please email us as at: [email protected]