According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and Title 17 of the United States Code, the providers of online services are exempted from liability for copyright infringement and other violations by their users. Therefore, none of the administrators or anyone else connected with UpClosed can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.
UpClosed contains biographical material about notable people. If you consider the material inappropriate or violating somebody's individual or intellectual property rights, email us at email@example.com and we will take an immediate remedial action.
The DMCA requires that any infringement claim is in writing and that it includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit UpClosed to locate the material
- Your contact information so that UpClosed can contact you
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner